Welcome to my very first post on my very first blog! First off, can I briefly discuss how infuriatingly difficult it is to come up with and actually commit to a blog title? I don't usually think of myself as someone with a limited vocabulary, but damn. Now I'm afraid that I'll never be able to come up with a suitable baby name for my first born and I'll want to change it to something better before my child turns a week old.Secondly, is it normal to obsess over the appearance of a blog more so than the actual content? I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I would be lying if I said I've never bought a book just because I thought it was pretty (come on, don't act like you haven't done it too). Thirdly (is that a real word?), I haven't really decided on what I want this blog to encompass as far as content and subject matter, etc. Some ideas are as follows:
- Documentation of the absolute hilarity of my semi-nonexistant dating life. As humiliating and self depreciating as this may be, I've had more than three people suggest that I should write such a blog, so at least I'd be starting off with a bit of a built in fan base, right? (Think Sex and the City meets Bridget Jones' Diary with a dash of all the awful people Liz Lemon dates on 30 Rock)
- Product reviews for all the things that I'm constantly buying, using, and falling in love with. This would serve as justification for all my future purchases and maybe I could save someone from falling down a similar rabbit-hole of consumerism. Also, I just really enjoy reading product reviews...even if they happen to be my own.
- Sharing and discussing things that I love, like music, cats (!), organizing things, hooping, working with children, and traveling.
- (Occasionally) Ranting about things that get my panties in a wad.
- Spilling my guts out to anyone who can sympathize with me regarding not knowing the directions I want to take in life and how I'm ever going to be a successful and independent adult.
- Finally, if all else fails, I could potentially use this blog as an online grocery list or something. Let us all pray that it doesn't come to this.